To reduce contaminants from drinking water or to improve the taste and smell of tap water, water filters in refrigerators and pitchers can do a fine job. But, to take water purification to the next level, consider a reverse osmosis water filtration system.
A reverse osmosis (RO) water system integrates with the plumbing under your kitchen sink to force water through a semipermeable membrane and a series of filters, removing sediment and contaminants, providing your family with dozens of gallons of purified water each day. This guide will explore RO systems, review what factors you should consider when shopping for one, and provide a list of the top RO systems on the market.
- BEST OVERALL: Waterdrop RO Drinking Water Filtration System
- RUNNER UP: APEC Water Systems Essence Series Water Filter System
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Express Water Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- BEST UNDER SINK: iSpring Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- BEST TANKLESS: Waterdrop RO Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- BEST COUNTERTOP: AQUA TRU Countertop Water Filtration System
- BEST FOR APARTMENTS: RKIN AlcaPure Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter
- PERFORMANCE PICK: Express Water UV Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- BEST FOR WELL WATER: iSpring 7-Stage RO Drinking Filtration System
- BEST ICE MAKER KIT: APEC Water Systems Ice Maker Installation Kit
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Reverse Osmosis System
There are a number of factors to…