Having a pool to enjoy in hot weather, during barbecues, and when friends and family visit is a great benefit that can create many amazing and fun memories. However, pools don’t just stay nice and clean on their own; they require regular maintenance and a functioning pool filter to be able to pull small dust and debris particles from the water. Sand filters are commonly used for this purpose, but over time the pool filter sand can become dirty and contaminated, which affects how well the filter can function.
Instead of replacing an entire pool filter, the sand can be drained and replaced with new sand. Pool filter sand can commonly filter debris as small as 20 microns, with 1 micron equal to 1/26,000 of an inch. The best pool filter sand may be able to filter particles as small as 3 microns, though it depends on the type of pool filter sand that’s used. The list below features several top products, but continue reading to determine the most important factors to consider before deciding on one type of sand over another.
- BEST OVERALL: FairmountSantrol AquaQuartz-50 Pool Filter Sand
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Palmetto Poolfilter-50 Superior Pool Sand Filter
- BEST SILICA SAND: HTH 67074 Filter Sand Care for Swimming Pools
- BEST ZEOLITE SAND: Zeo, Inc ZeoSand-50 ZeoSand Swimming Pool Sand
- BEST GLASS SAND: HARSCO METALS & MINERALS Filter Glass
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Pool Filter Sand
Before choosing the best pool filter sand for…