Effective Thursday, June 17, 2021, at 12 p.m., Stage 1 fire restrictions are effective for all of Gilpin County. For details on restrictions, please visit the Gilpin County Sheriff’s Office website at https://www.gilpincountysheriff.com/firerestrictions or read below.
Gilpin County FIRE RESTRICTIONS Stage 1
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using an open fire, campfire or stove fire (including charcoal barbecues and grills) in dispersed camping areas on public land;
- Any fire not within a permanently constructed fire pit, ring, or grate on Private land including tiki torches and bon fires;
- Use of all personal fireworks;
- Smoking, unless in an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least 3 feet in diameter consisting of non-combustible material;
- Operating a chainsaw without a USDA or SAE-approved spark arrestor properly installed and in effective working order. A chemical, pressurized fire-extinguisher must be kept with the operator, and at least one round-point shovel with an overall length of at least 35 inches must be readily available for use;
- Welding or operating an acetylene or other open-flame torch, except in an area on non-combustible material at least 30 feet in diameter, and with a chemical, pressurized fire-extinguisher immediately available for use.
- Shooting or discharging firearms for recreational purposes
- Building, maintaining, attending, or…