Residents urged to keep chimneys clean after firefighters called to Peterborough home

 Residents urged to keep chimneys clean after firefighters called to Peterborough home

At 8.06pm on Wednesday (7) a crew from Stanground was called to a fire on Brawn Way in Elton.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the flue of a log burner spreading through the chimney. They extinguished the fire and returned to their station by 9.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Although Spring is here and the weather is starting to warm up, there are still cold days forecast in the coming weeks, so it is tempting to have a fire to keep the chill off.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue

“It is very important to keep your chimney maintained and clear fireplaces and woodburners of any debris to help prevent a fire in your home. You should also have the chimney swept and brickwork inspected, at least once a year, to ensure the flue is clear of any soot or other…

Read more…

Related post

contact slider
close slider

    Are you a service provider looking for leads or a client looking for a service provider? Drop us a line!