Rains bring with a host of skin and hair problems. The high levels of humidity in the air tends to make our hair dry, frizzy and lustreless. Dandruff, split ends, dry scalp, hair fall are also common issues we face during monsoon. But don’t let the rains get to you. Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar has a simple DIY home remedy to keep your hair strong, healthy, and shining this season.
“Shampoo companies even make special ads to lure us into buying their products. But chill, Mother Nature has already sorted this stuff out for us,” the nutritionist said.
Rujuta’s simple DIY for hair health uses ingredients such as vala (vetiver or khus roots), goonja seeds (rosary pea) and good old tulsi with its beej or seeds. Here’s how to prepare the simple DIY home remedy for haircare in monsoon –
- Take a glass bottle with a broad bottom.
- Put 2-3 wala roots, 1-2 tulsi stocks, 1-2 goonja seeds and put them in the bottle.
- Pour coconut or mustard oil into the bottle and leave it to soak in the herbs for 48 hrs.
- Invite your girl friends or cousins over and give each other a good head, neck and shoulder massage.
- Leave the oil on overnight and wash. No need for conditioner. Use the weather and not the blower to dry.
You can find these ingredients at local…