MIFD units extinguish chimney fire

 MIFD units extinguish chimney fire

Staff Report

Mercer Island Fire Department (MIFD) units extinguished a chimney fire on the evening of May 3 at a residence in the 3400 block of 72nd Ave. SE. There were no injuries and the damage was minor, according to the MIFD.

At 8:18 p.m., MIFD units were dispatched to the scene and quenched the fire with approximately 10 gallons of water. After crews left the scene after an hour, the homeowners reoccupied their home.

“Let’s use this as a reminder to get your chimneys swept and cleaned. Chimney fires can spread to your attic and cause significant damage. Keep them clean and keep your family safe,” reads the MIFD Facebook page.

In consideration of how we voice our opinions in…

Read more…

Related post

contact slider
close slider

    Are you a service provider looking for leads or a client looking for a service provider? Drop us a line!