A1 Garage Door Repair provides 5⭐️ garage door repair and maintenance. Call Us! ✔️ 613-704-7698
Rollers are vital to the garage door’s smooth operation.
Without it, the door won’t be able to move up and down together with other components such as cables, springs, and hinges.
But just like any hardware, it is prone to damage due to a lot of factors.
That’s why you have to maintain the rollers from time to time to preserve the door’s operation quality.
This guide will help you know more about the rollers, spot the damage, and how to repair a broken garage door roller.
But if you’re hesitant about fixing the rollers by yourself, you can always call for a garage door repair company near you.
Causes of a Broken Roller
It’s essential to know how rollers get damaged. Rollers can affect the movement of your door.
Hence, if you spot the damage, diagnose it right away.
Meanwhile, rollers are affected by these factors:
- Material: If you have a nylon type roller, it can be susceptible to wear and tear.
- Lack of lubrication: If you probably don’t know, rollers need to be lubricated for it to run smoothly. Lack of lubrication can cause rust and dirt build-up, which hinders the purpose of a roller.
- Misshapen hinges: It can impact the rollers. Once this happens, it will strain the rollers, exposing it to damage.
Take note that these factors can contribute to a broken roller.
That’s why you should do your part in maintaining the rollers regularly to prevent problems from happening.
It will not only provide convenience for you, but you can save on costs when you do regular maintenance.
Indicators of a Broken Roller
Before you head out and call an emergency garage door service in Mississauga, make sure you’re experiencing these signs on your garage door.
You can also validate with the professionals regarding the root cause of the problem.
- You hear a popping sound: If you hear this, then it’s time to replace your rollers. The sound might come from the damaged rollers.
- The roller is wiggly or loose: When your roller is loose, replace it. After all, a roller should not wiggle.
- You see visible signs of cracks or missing pieces: The roller’s performance can be affected if there are cracks or missing parts on it.
- The door vibrates during the operation: The vibration most likely comes from a loose roller.
- The roller is rusty: If your roller is a metal type, it is susceptible to rust despite its durability. If the roller is rusty, it can reduce the quality of the performance.
What You Should Do
Before anything else, check the condition of your rollers. If you see dust or grime, then lubrication will help.
Lubricating rollers must be done every six months to prevent a squeaky overhead door.
To lubricate the rollers for overhead doors:
- Close the door.
- If your overhead door is an electrical type, unplug the opener before working.
- Lubricate the ball bearings and shaft by applying a silicone-based oil.
- Lastly, wipe away any excess to remove the dirt.
On the other hand, if you see your rollers need more than just lubrication, then a replacement is necessary.
It’s essential to repair your damaged rollers right away. Prolonging the issue can cascade to more problems on your garage door.
While replacing the rollers can be relatively easy, you still need some handyman skills and experience to pull off the work.
There are safer ways to replace a broken roller and a residential or commercial garage door repair company knows how to do it.
However, if you’re adamant about doing the work by yourself, you only need a few materials to start the work.
Watch this video performed by a professional on How To Repair A Broken Garage Door Roller.
Call Us for the Repairs!
While you can easily replace the garage door rollers, you’re still exposing yourself to injury when you don’t have the appropriate skills and experience.
To minimize the risk, get a reliable garage door repair company, and have ample experience in the field.
A professional such as A1 Garage Doors knows how to repair a broken garage door roller.
With over 12 years of serving Mississauga communities, we ensure the highest quality service you need.
After all, we want to make our customers happy.
Whether you need us at the most awkward time of the day, we will cater to you because we provide 24 7 garage door repairs.
Call us now, and fix your broken roller with us!