A home is a place of warmth and protection for our families and pets, as well as a gathering spot for friends.
It is where we make memories through generations and enrich the traditions amongst members.
This is a place where we can be completely comfortable with ourselves.
But, is still this the case if you are uncomfortable in your own home?
Most families think that it takes so much to keep a home cool.
The truth is, we just need to be creative in making our home more livable.
Ways to Make our Home Cool at All Times
The biggest challenge is for us to stay warm or cool inside our house without spending, at least not much.
There are ways that we can take on to make our houses cool enough for summer and warm enough during winter.
- The choice of curtains matters. Blackout curtains block the sun’s rays, effectively insulating the rooms in which they are used.
- Instead of turning on the air conditioner, hack a fan. Only an air conditioner can’t create the illusion of a sea breeze, but this easy trick can.
- Fill a mixing bowl halfway with ice and place it in front of a fan at a certain angle, making the air whip off the ice in an extra-cold state. It’s magic, we promise.
- Change bed covers. Seasonally changing your bedding is not only a great way to freshen up a room, but it’s also a way of staying cool.
- Insulating textiles like flannel sheets and fleece blankets are great. Cotton is a better choice this time of year because it breathes better and keeps us…