A fast-spreading chimney blaze has sparked a warning from the Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service, urging residents to keep their chimneys clean.
Crews were called to a home on Fishermans Drive in March on Saturday (March 27) at around 12.20pm after a chimney fire began spreading to the roof.
They extinguished the fire using hose reels and returned to their station by 2.10pm, the cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesperson said: “Although the weather is starting to warm up, there are still cold days forecast in the coming weeks, so it is tempting to have a fire to keep the chill off.
“It is very important to keep your chimney maintained and clear fireplaces and woodburners of any debris to help prevent a fire in your home.
You may also want to watch:
“You should also have the chimney…