Family displaced by Christmas chimney fire

 Family displaced by Christmas chimney fire

BROOKSVILLE — Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a Town House Road residence on Christmas Day.

Brooksville Fire Chief Matt Dow said “it was almost a structure fire, almost. There were a few timbers around the edges of the chimney that burned.”

Dow said he isn’t sure how the fire started.

“I’m assuming it was something to do with the Christmas wrapping paper,” he said. “The chimney got too hot.” 

Departments from Sedgwick and Blue Hill provided mutual aid. Brooklin and Deer Isle crews were on standby. 

The couple who own the home, Dennis and Janet Lymburner, are staying with family until the chimney is repaired.

“I had to condemn the chimney because it had too much heat damage,” Dow said. “I really hated to do that on Christmas Day, but it’s a safety…

Read more…

Related post

contact slider
close slider

    Are you a service provider looking for leads or a client looking for a service provider? Drop us a line!